Stir-frying is a Chinese cooking technique in which the food is cooked in high heat and stirred continuously. This technique was followed when the cooking materials were limited and food should be cooked fast with minimum fuel, which later turned out to be healthy.
Vegetable stir-fry is a wholesome food done in minutes and has all essential nutrients. Paneer/ tofu is rich in protein and adds more to the plate. The paneer/ tofu and vegetables are stir-fried in hoisin sauce which brings in more flavor to the dish. It can be served with rice/ noodles.
- Paneer/ Tofu – 150 gms
- Zucchini – 1/2
- Coloured capsicum – 1
- Mushroom – 3
- Onion – 1/2
- Snow peas – 10
- Bean sprouts
- Green onion
- Sesame seeds(dry roasted) – 1 tsp
- Ginger – 1/2 inch
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Vegetarian hoisin sauce – 4 tsp
- Salt (optional)
- Sugar – 1 tsp
Step 1: Heat oil in a pan/ wok, add finely chopped ginger, garlic, onion, zucchini, coloured capsicum and saute for a minute. Then add mushroom, snow peas, paneer/ tofu.
Step 2: Add hoisin sauce, bean sprouts, sugar and give a quick stir. Check for salt, garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
- You can add any vegetables of your choice.
- Dry roast the sesame seeds before garnishing.
- Keep all the ingredients ready before you start cooking to keep them from burning.
- For healthier option, you can make your own hoisin sauce to avoid sodium and preservatives.
- You can stir-fry veggies somewhere between 5-10 mins, depending on how crisp and tender you like them.
Please check this recipe in You tube. Subscribe and Share.
You tube: https://youtu.be/tmNmII7jLc0