Cauliflower/ Gobi 65 is one of the popular appetizer in India, loved by everyone and come in variations. Cauliflower are coated in the batter of flour, spices and are deep-fried. Cauliflower as mentioned in my earlier post are low in carb and a good source of protein, hence love to bake them.
- Cauliflower florets – 2 cup
- Corn flour – 1/4 cup
- All-purpose flour – 2 tsp
- Rice flour – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Fennel powder – 1/4 tsp
- Ginger& garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Egg – 1 (optional)
- Green chilli
- Lemon wedge
Step 1: Cut cauliflower to desired size and add in a bowl of hot water for 2 mins and drain them.
Step 2: In a bowl add all the dry ingredients, ginger & garlic paste and give a quick stir. Then add the mix to cauliflower florets, add egg, oil and mix gently and marinate 15-30 mins.
Step 3: Preheat oven to 450°F(230°C), align the cauliflower florets in a baking tray and bake for 10 mins. Flip the florets and bake 5 more minutes or until done. Garnish with onion, green chilli and lemon.
- You can either bake or deep-fry.
- Adding rice flour, makes the cauliflower florets crispy.
- If you want to avoid egg, sprinkle water to bind the mix with cauliflower.
Please check this recipe in You tube. Subscribe and Share.
You tube: https://youtu.be/tvEG5WZsvIQ